- Looking to define a personal nutrition programme?
- Need to eat to recover from, or prevent, injury?
- Interested to separate fact from fiction when it comes to sports nutrition?
- Just want to know what to eat and drink to train and compete at your best?
Our nutrition practitioners will work with you to create, implement and monitor a personal nutrition programme alongside your running training programme. Your programme can also include dietary analysis and regular assessment of biochemical, physical & physiological status.
Workshops and Courses
In our nutrition workshops and courses we will explain and discuss nutritional guidelines for runners and identify simple approaches for putting guidelines into practice. Typical topics include:
- the importance of sufficient energy intake
- simple methods for calculating individual daily nutritional needs for training & competition
- translating individual requirements into actual ‘food on the plate’
- eating & drinking before/during & after exercise
- easy meals for busy people, practical snacking & portion sizes
- myths & facts of nutrition for athletes
- energy and protein intake in vegetarian & vegan runners
- fueling on the move – how to use sports gels, drinks and similar products
- the role of nutritional supplements.
See our Events page for details of current workshops and courses.